Natuzzi Italita Introduces Striking New Upholstery Designs and Luscious Leathers; Expands Fabric Offerings
HIGH POINT, N.C., Oct. 18, 2014 – Sculptural and comfortably chic, the new seating collections from Natuzzi Italia honor the heritage that has made it the world’s most recognized luxury furniture brand while continuing to innovate in both design and comfort.
As part of one of its largest total living introductions in recent years, Natuzzi Italia debuts six seating collections and two occasional chairs at the High Point Market, as well as two new leathers and 18 new leather colors.
In addition, look for more soft covers alongside Natuzzi’s signature leathers as the leather upholstery leader expands its fabric offerings with 12 new fabrics in a total of 61 new colors.
“Our heritage has always been leather, but in the high-end, fabric is becoming more important,” says Ed Teplitz, chief commercial officer for Natuzzi Americas Inc. “We’re entering the fabric upholstery market because our customers have asked us to do so. It is a strong and growing business, enabling us to enter with strength.”
Made in Italy and created with the assistance of prestigious designer Claudio Bellini and the renowned Maurizio Manzoni and Roberto Tapinassi of Studio Memo, each new sofa collection is a triumph of beauty and craftsmanship.
“When we designed the new product frames, we considered multiple lifestyles,” says Hugh Landes, brand manager for Natuzzi Italia. “But, the frames can take on a whole new attitude when the leather or fabrics are selected, transforming a contemporary silhouette into something more casual, for example. The discerning designer can create some uniquely interesting looks and combinations.”
Among the new leathers this season is Vesuvio, a thick semi-aniline dyed leather with a natural full grain. It is available in Black, Brown, Grey and White Shell. Sahara, a natural leather with natural grain, is available in Grey and Sepia.
Natuzzi Italia’s new sofa collections and chairs include:
- Dorian: Featuring a squared modular silhouette and fine aesthetic details, Dorian is casual and contemporary with a high tight back, tight seat, generous track arms and hidden metal feet. Split back cushions, as well as goose feathers, memory foam and high density foam, create exceptional comfort. Thick Vesuvio leather provides the perfect canvas for unique open-cut stitching, while fabric and regular leather versions feature tone-on-tone double stitching. Designed by Studio Memo, Dorian is available as a sectional, sofa or armless chair.
- Gio’: With a Mid-Century Modern vibe, this streamlined sofa sits atop a minimalist architectural solid wood base, available in a Coffee finish with a Glossy Black metal insert or in an Oak Walnut finish with Glazed Nickel metal. Ample rounded track arms and loose seat and back cushions in goose feathers, memory foam and high density foam make Gio’ comfortably chic. Designed by Studio Memo, Gio’ is available in fabric, leather or thick Vesuvio leather as a three-seat sofa, two-seat sofa or loveseat.
- Don Giovanni: The graceful, elegant Don Giovanni, which works wonderfully in both classic and ultra-modern spaces, is a dynamic reinterpretation of a time-honored form. This low, deep sofa with sinuous lines and stylized Charles of London arms sets the perfect stage for beautiful fabrics. Slender splayed metal feet, finished in glossy chrome or black glossy chrome, add modern appeal. Two-over-two tight seat and back cushions, with memory foam and high density foam, as well as generous goose-feather lumbar pillows, lend comfort. Designed by Claudio Bellini, Don Giovanni is available in fabric only as a sofa or loveseat.
- Long Beach: Long Beach features crisp, clean lines, generous proportions and meticulous attention to detail. With a tight, tailored removable cover, this modular frame has slender rounded track arms, loose T-shape seat cushions and a double row of back cushions. Crisp welting defines the arms and wraps around the back. The decidedly modern Long Beach seems to float above the floor with recessed adjustable metal legs, available in two heights. Memory foam, high density foam and goose feathers add comfort. Designed by Claudio Bellini, Long Beach is available in fabric only as a two- or three-seat sofa or an armless chair.
- Trevi: Trevi is both decisively modern and luxuriously welcoming with a sleek low profile, rounded track arm, tight back and long, loose seat cushions in memory foam and high density foam. A slender solid wood base with tapered legs in a Coffee finish features Glossy Black metal accents. Decorative stitching softens the sofa’s curves. Optional goose feather scatter pillows include lumbar, square and rectangular pillows in fabric or leather. Designed by Studio Memo, Trevi is available in leather or fabric as a sofa, loveseat or sectional.
- Fidelio Motion Collection: With a striking open sleigh base that wraps from front to back, Fidelio combines modern lines with ultimate comfort and functionality. Fidelio’s luxuriant leather track arms, seat and back appear to float in the metal base, which can be finished in glazed nickel or black glossy chrome. Soft touch electronic controls, hidden underneath the leather, create multiple reclining positions as the headrest lifts up, the back tilts down and the front panel creates a chaise lounge effect. Designed by the Natuzzi Style Center, Fidelio is available in standard leather or thick Vesuvio leather as a two-seat or three-seat motion sofa, as well as a motion chair.
- Aura Chair: Innovative in both comfort and design, the Aura occasional chair is available with either a low-back or a high-back, nestled in a smart Mid-Century Scandinavian-inspired wood frame. The low back version features comfortable whisper-thin flare arms and a tight seat and back, while the high back version has the same flare arms with a modernized wing back. A steel interior frame padded with high density foam and cut fiber wrap provides structure as well as exceptional comfort. Designed by Claudio Bellini, Aura is available in leather or with a removable fabric cover with the wood frame finished in Coffee or Oak Walnut.
- Dolly Chair: The Dolly occasional chair is all about comfort in a modern, sophisticated plush silhouette. Dolly has a tight seat and back with a flange detail where the curved arm meets the seat. Exquisite tailoring includes top stitching and a welt that rolls off the sides of the arms and continues around the back. Minimalistic metal legs, finished in glossy chrome or black glossy chrome add the perfect finishing touch. Designed by Claudio Bellini, Dolly features high density foam and memory foam. It is available in leather or fabric.
# # #
About Natuzzi S.p.A.:
Founded in 1959 by Pasquale Natuzzi, the Natuzzi Group designs, manufactures and sells an extensive collection of sofas, armchairs, furniture and home furnishing accessories. With a turnover of €451.2 million in 2013, the Natuzzi Group is the largest Italian furniture company and the only global player in the sector, with 7 production plants, 12 sales offices and over 1,200 points of sale across the world. Ethics and social responsibility, innovation, industrial know-how and the integrated management of the entire value chain are the strengths that have made the Natuzzi Group the market leader. Natuzzi S.p.A. has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 13 May 1993. The Group is certified ISO 9001 and 14001.
SOURCE: Natuzzi S.p.A.