Runway-inspired looks for the October High Point Market
HIGH POINT – Lush leathers are used to create fashion-forward fringe, ruffling and textured surfaces, mixing with a dynamic selection of fabric covers to create a host of runway-inspired looks in the Nathan Anthony showroom this October High Point Market, in InterHall space 411.
On the leather front, Nathan Anthony demonstrates its mastery of cover-to-frame applications with a new, leather-dressed swivel chair. Jolie is offered two ways: featuring inlays of ruched leather on the arm side panels, accented with sparkling Swarovski crystals, or crimped leather layered in a ruffle effect. The impressive box-shaped chair rests on a metal tubular base, available in three on-trend finishes.
“We were inspired by the ornate fabrics, puffy sleeves and fringe seen on the fashion runways in Paris this year,” said Tina Nicole, co-owner and lead designer of Nathan Anthony, who added, “Jolie was also designed to pair up with our Rocco, Elan or Perle sectionals.”
Reprising a best-seller, the Elan swivel chair is reimagined this fall with a new, limited edition leather application. Black and white leather strips are hand-sewn in a unique tiled pattern along the chair back, cascading into a dramatic 18-inch fringe that drops from the seat bottom.
“Our customers come to us for items they can’t find elsewhere in the marketplace,” said Khai Mai, Nathan Anthony’s co-owner and CEO. “We have carved out a special niche as a U.S. producer with the ability to focus on craftsmanship and execution.”
Also new at this Market from Nathan Anthony are:
- Cielo Lounge Sofa Designed for easy socializing, the Cielo sofa features a series of movable, “floating” back cushions that may be rearranged in a 360-degree pattern to fit any configuration of sitters. The cushions are weighted, providing ample support while still being easy to move and reconfigure. The result: Cielo can go formal, relaxed or lounge-y, depending on how the cushions are arranged. Sporting deep diamond tufts, Cielo floats on an upholstered plinth base whose channels are precisely married to the exit of every tuft. Three sofa lengths are available.
- Elan Angled Sofa Responding to customer demand for more choices in the company’s range of designs featuring strong angles, Nathan Anthony is introduces a new frame to its popular Elan collection. Another versatile model, Elan is available in a choice of tight or loose seat cushions. The sofa’s inviting shape is accented by a beautiful angled metal base, which is available in three on-trend metal finishes. Cover options include new piqué and herringbone leathers with patterned embossing.
- Sabine Sofa. For the first time, the popular Sabine sofa is now available in a loose cushion-seat version. One of the most recognized sofas in furniture design today, the luxurious Sabine sofa boasts a modern Chesterfield silhouette with an all-over deep tufted back, arms and seat, shown this season in luxurious French Grey Ultrasuede®. Each tufted button is hand placed in consideration of where the body meets the surface, to ensure comfort. The sofa sits on sexy, spiked wood legs meant to resemble fine Italian heels.
- Caffe Accent Chair Sophisticated and sensual, the new Caffe accent chair features gently sloping lines anchored by tapered wood legs in a variety of stylish finishes. Artistically executed, the model is offered in a range of new, premium leathers from Scandinavia, including versions with premium piqué and herringbone embossing.
- Emelie Chair Emelie is a new modern wing accent chair with exposed wood legs and lovely curved back that’s perfect for highlighting textiles. At market, Nathan Anthony will feature Emelie in an innovative, two-tone, fabric-leather, blending a dramatic black-and-white plaid on the seat back with crisp white leather on the seat top and inside back. A second version of Emelie sports a seat back of gently ruched leather, dotted with reflective Swarovski crystals. The chair’s angular wood legs are available in any of Nathan Anthony’s wood finishes.
- Tetra Tables Our popular Tetra table system features a new finish in satin white, paired with a new wood stain, Old World Smoke gloss. Tetra was designed to promote flexible arrangements with three cocktail-height tables, made to overlap for a stacking tiered effect, or to coordinate independently with the correlating side table.
This market, the company’s showroom will feature a fashion runway motif, with wall graphics to underscore the theme. The upholstery color palette includes blueberry, blush and bone hues, as well as variations of white and gray.
Two of Nathan Anthony’s designs — the Dali chair and Minx wing sofa — have been shortlisted as finalists in the prestigious International Product Design Award 2017 competition. Minx was featured in the editorial pages of Luxe magazine (Mar/April 2017), and the Aerie chair, along with designer Tina Nicole, was included in the May Market Tabloid edition of Interior Design magazine. Nathan Anthony’s Elan sectional, Dali chairs and Tetra tables were additionally featured in the May edition of Architectural Digest, while the company’s Roxx rugs were included in the Summer edition of Bridge for Design magazine.
About Nathan Anthony Furniture
Founded in 2005, Nathan Anthony (www.nafurniture.com) produces award-winning contempo- rary furnishings at its own factory in Los Angeles. Lead designer Tina Nicole has been recog- nized for design excellence in 2016 and 2015 with two International Product Design awards by design et al International Architecture & Design competition in the U.K., and by the American Society of Furniture Designers (ASFD) with 2016 and 2012 Pinnacle Award nominations. In addition to its upholstered furnishings focus, Nathan Anthony grows as a life- style furnishings resource with the introduction of accent tables and rugs.
SOURCE: Nathan Anthony Furniture