Burton James Launches Two California Inspired Collections During High Point Market This Fall
HIGH POINT, NC – Inspired by road trips through Mendocino and sailing excursions through the Channel Islands, Burton James is presenting a duo of California inspired collections in their Hamilton Design District showroom this Fall Market.
Designed to complement the more than 400 SKUs already in the Burton James family, this season’s newest additions offer modern updates to classic silhouettes and bring California classicism to life in a play of scale and shape set to appeal to urbanites seeking stylish durability, as well as families looking for grand statement pieces.
“From the great halls of Hearst Castle in San Simeon, to incredibly sleek seaside residences in La Jolla, California is a treasure trove of design inspiration.” says Burton James Creative Director Mark Landres. “Being that it is also such an expansive state, we have an astounding array of visuals to inspire us daily. With these new collections, we were really able to draw from our own rich history and translate this inspiration into pieces that speak to today’s more modern way of living. Given that Burton James has been located in Los Angeles for over thirty years, these collections are really as much a reflection on our own story as they are part of our commitment to share this rich design inspiration we are surrounded by with homeowners across the Nation.”
In keeping with Burton James’ long standing commitment to the design trade, both the Beach Modern and California Legacy collections offer retailers and designers a myriad of options for customization, along with an impressive array of fabric choices. Both collections will be available in the venerable brand’s network of trade showrooms and retailers beginning November, 2017.
BEACH MODERN COLLECTION
Southern California’s sun drenched spaces and active coastal lifestyle collide in this collection of upholstery and case goods that bring livability and sophisticated design to life and are destined to become some of the design trade’s most popular pieces. With silhouettes nodding at classic mid century modern styling, in combination with lush fabrics curated to enliven spaces, the Beach Modern Collection continues the Burton James tradition of modern furniture created with well-placed, stylish detailing:
- CATALINA SOFA – features raffia wrapped base design and architectural lines, crisp and modern with casual style cushions
- ZUMA LOUNGE CHAIR – exposed oak frame featuring raffia insert detail on the outside arm affixed with small black pearl nails
- CORONADO SOFA – features a skirted upholstered slip cover effect with leather frog closures
- DEL MAR CHAIR – features exposed oak frame with metal details
- AMIRA HEXAGON COCKTAIL – features raffia wrapped frame with small black pearl nails
- AVALON CHAISE – 2 arm chaise with nail head accents and a wire brushed oak base
CALIFORNIA LEGACY COLLECTION
Evoking the elegance of Northern California’s mission-influenced architecture, Burton James’ California Legacy Collection marries natural woods and hand wrought iron in the creation of an elegant family of upholstered and case good pieces that introduce generous scale and organic texture to a more contemporary lifestyle.
Flush with thoughtful details such as bespoke nail head accents, textural textiles and rough-hewn finishes, California Legacy updates the traditional great room concept with modern flair and subtle luxury:
- MENDOCINO SECTIONAL – relaxed styling featuring raised panel arm detail and decorative nails
- SAN SIMEON ARM CHAIR – featuring an exposed oak frame with barley twist stretchers and post details
- CASCADE SOFA – features a soft curved footprint with plinth base and nail head details
- SEQUOIA LOUNGE CHAIR – features an exposed oak frame, tight seat and loose back cushion
- PINNACLE COCKTAIL TABLE – large scale cocktail incorporating hand forged iron detail and solid oak slabs
- POINT REYES 2 DRAWER END TABLE/NIGHT STAND – features hand forged iron hardware and a solid oak case
- LASSEN OCCASSIONAL TABLE – features hand forged iron with a glass insert top
Both collections will be introduced at the Fall High Point Market, October 13 through 18 in the Burton James Showroom at 310 N. Hamilton Street, Suite 101.
ABOUT BURTON JAMES
With a history spanning over three decades, Burton James has established their reputation as a true hidden secret of the professional interior design trade. A genuine American success story, this Southern California-based manufacturer was formed by President and CEO Ray Zoref with a unique mission to bring quality, bench made upholstered furniture to life in partnership with the vision of an outstanding customer service model that has since become the brand’s calling card. It was Zoref who, along with CFO Harry Robbins, Director of Customer Relations Ralph Hipsman and Creative Director Mark Landes, worked to expand the Burton James footprint to include an extensive network of “Trade” showrooms across the industry’s hottest markets, an impressive roster of private label partnerships, along with numerous retail outlets addressing the consumer direct market. With a commitment to local sources and labor, Burton James’ Los Angeles based operation is home to the team that designs and manufacturers a namesake range of sofas, sectionals, seating and bedroom furniture – all built to extracting specifications, a commitment to sustainability and an accessible design aesthetic that has come to redefine the industry’s meaning of “Casual Elegance.” For more information, visit BurtonJames.com
SOURCE: Burton James